Short and Long Term Apartments in Hamburg
An apartment in Hamburg is like your own private piece of heaven. Hamburg offers everything you need: vibrance, history, a thriving social and cultural scene, beautiful architecture, great transport, and so much more. Visually, the city is stunning. It is a curious hybrid of the ultramodern (like the Elbphilharmonie concert hall) and ultra-classical, with buildings and streets hundreds of years old.
“The Gateway to the World” is obviously famous for its enormous port, and many of our Hamburg apartments offer stunning waterside views.
Finding Your Ideal Hamburg Apartment
From the hipster underground of Sternschanze to the relaxation of Eimsbüttel and the prestige of Winterhude, we offer apartments for rent in Hamburg all over the city! Our curated list of apartments can be found in all the best areas and are packed with amenities like stylish decor, full kitchen appliances, great views, and more.
Here are a few extra resources to help you easily find city apartments in Hamburg:
The entire city of Hamburg is built around the Alster Lake, and around the lake is where the best neighbourhoods are to be found.
- Altona is a vibrant, colourful part of the city which is known for being a bit hipster. The abundance of independent coffee shops and stores make it a treat during weekends, and its easy connection to other neighbourhoods makes it perfect for families and young adults who like to move around in their spare time.
- A little out from the city centre, Eimsbüttel is close to the action without being subject to the chaos of the city! There’s an air of class to Eimsbüttel, but it also offers plenty of green space and playgrounds for young kids! Perfect for family accommodation in Hamburg, Germany!
- For anyone who’s lived in Berlin, Sternschanze is like it’s little brother. There is tonnes of edgy street art, vegan eateries, trendy bars, and a real hipster vibe. The area is incredibly popular in the summer but great fun all year round.
- Winterhude is an affluent and popular area among families and single professionals. Bordering on a range of canals and the Alster Lake, and also containing the wonderful Stadtpark - the largest park in Hamburg - it is a peaceful quarter, with enjoyable (but not rowdy) entertainment and nightlife. Many of the best business apartments in Hamburg will be found here.
- More interested in the supermodern city centre than the residential suburbs? Hafencity is a magnificent blend of the old (with the harbour area and canals) and the brand-new with towering offices sprouting up all over. The stunning Elbphilharmonie is here, as well as many of the new apartments in Hamburg, Germany.
- St Pauli
- This is the party and nightlife centre of the city. Host to the famous Reeperbahn, this is the perfect area for partygoers, boutique shoppers, theatre, and having a great time! It also borders the harbour, a stunning and popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
Sightseeing and landmarks in Hamburg
Hamburg’s enormous port - the self-acclaimed “Gateway to the World” - is home to many of the city’s most popular attractions, but none more than Elphi: Hamburg’s recently-completed concert hall is a stunningly modern creation of red brick and glass.
There’s St Nikolai church, with its 76-metre viewing platform overlooking Hamburg’s centre, Kunsthalle Hamburg for the art lovers, the two artificial lakes Inner and Outer Alster, even the legendary Fischmarkt - there is a virtually unlimited amount of incredible sights around Hamburg. Apartments for rent in Hamburg, Germany, are never far from the action!
Eating, Drinking, and Leisure
St Pauli and Sternschanze are both lively areas which are great for a few drinks! If you prefer the quiet, Ottensen and Winterhude are charming neighborhoods. Winterhude also boasts a delicious range of classy restaurants, but Sternschanze is the kingpin here: its streets are lined with stalls, cafes, restaurants, and holes-in-the-wall. Food lovers flock here every weekend for cuisine of every kind!
For those who like to party a little more, Hamburg apartments in Reeperbahn puts you in one of the most renowned nightlife streets in Europe!
As you’d expect for a major German city, the transport infrastructure is superb. There are 5 transport zones (leading far from the city) including buses, trains, and a metro. Offering a unique travel experience, there are various ferry routes over the river Elbe - including a stop at Strandperle, the city’s beach! Basically no matter where your accommodation in Hamburg Germany actually is, it’s good to know you’re always close to everywhere else.
The service typically runs like clockwork, getting you exactly where you need to, exactly when you expect it. Citymapper is a great app for getting timetables and travel instructions, while StadtRAD is great for those happy to explore a little by bike on the weekends.
FAQs about Rental Accommodation in Hamburg
How to rent an apartment in Hamburg?
Hamburg accommodation is pretty easy to find using FARAWAYHOME. We list all of our apartments across the city, with filtering tools, images, full descriptions, and reviews to help you make an informed choice. We have serviced apartments, luxury apartments, and business apartments.
Is it necessary to register with the authorities if renting in Hamburg?
Once you move into your temporary accommodation in Hamburg, Germany, you’ll need to share your ID with a local registration office within two weeks. On our end, we only need your ID to set you up with a lovely Hamburg apartment!
How much are apartments in Hamburg?
Our apartments range anywhere from 2.350 € to 5,000 € per month, but it all depends on the size of the apartment and your location in the city. All apartments are maintained and furnished to the highest standards, but of course a 3-bed apartment in Winterhude with panoramic views will be more expensive than most studio apartments in Hamburg!
EXPLORE MORE CITIES ON FARAWAYHOME