FIND YOUR NEW HOME
New Apartments for Sale in Berlin
Berlin is a city that’s buzzing with hype and activity. There’s an incredible arts and sports culture, great healthcare and transport links, heavy investment in education, and the entire city is like a giant sociable melting pot. The housing market in Berlin has grown more slowly than rival European capitals and the result is that you can always find apartments for sale in Berlin which are cheaper, but no less well-made or well-situated, than other countries.
True to the stereotypes, new Berlin apartments are built to last with German precision and quality evident in every crevice. If you’re looking for a new spot in this diverse and rapidly-growing city, then let us show you what’s available.
Find your ideal new Berlin apartment
We apply extensive screening to any prospective apartments so that every home you see on our site is a perfect fit. All of our apartments to buy in Berlin are finished to an incredibly high standard: we partner with reputable designers to deliver everything from paint colours and flooring materials to soft furnishings. Our focus is on creating a design in keeping with the building’s surroundings, age, and style.
You can also expect all modern conveniences such as superfast broadband, flat-screen TVs, and top of the range appliances. All our kitchens are fully fitted-out, bedrooms offer privacy and intimacy, and all living spaces are generous and warm.
Whether you’re looking for a sprawling 5-bedroom penthouse with city views and private parking, or a simple, cosy waterfront studio apartment in Berlin for sale, you’ll find it within our listings. By offering such an expansive range of properties, we make finding your ideal new home a stroll in the park. Already decided on your dream location? Let us help you find the perfect home right in its heart. We maintain a curated selection of new Berlin apartments for sale across the city so that when it’s your time to move, you can move with confidence.
What to expect from Farawayhome
In addition to providing your dream apartment, our team works hard to make the transition as seamless as possible. We’ll help with logistics, paperwork, and legalities on your behalf. This should speed up the buying process (which is never a bad thing) and, if you’re moving from outside Berlin, shed some light on the various bureaucratic processes which can slow down acquisitions.
Where to move: the different boroughs of Berlin
Before diving into specific apartments and their amenities, let’s take a birds-eye view of Berlin and examine its distinct boroughs and districts. With nearly 4 million people spread over 891.1 km2, Berlin is split into almost ‘mini-cities’, each with its own distinct style, population, and culture.
Here’s a quick look at the most popular neighborhoods.
* Mitte - If you want to be right in the beating heart of Berlin, then you have to consider Mitte. Occupying the west of the city, it’s jammed full of historical significance, luxury shopping, and great entertainment.
* Wilmersdorf - Wilmersdorf is a must-visit for executives, successful entrepreneurs, and anyone who enjoys living in a dynamic and energetic neighborhood. You’ll have your fill of awesome entertainment and dining options, as well as calm parks and beautiful buildings.
* Prenzlauer Berg - A fully gentrified neighborhood, this district is beloved of young adults and families. If you’re looking for cheap apartments for sale in Berlin, whose value is only trending upwards, then consider Prenzlauer Berg.
* Charlottenburg - Charlottenburg is arguably the most attractive and immersive neighborhood in the entire city. There’s a perfect balance of entertainment (such as restaurants and theatres) as well as stunning scenery.
* Friedrichshain - Situated in former East Berlin, Friedrichshain is the definition of hipster and creative culture. It’s an up-and-coming area which means apartments are only increasing in value. Perfect for nightlife, street artistry, and all sorts of non-traditional living.
* Kreuzberg - If you’re in it for the Berlin nightlife (and we know many Berliners are) then Kreuzberg might be the best possible location for you. The area is also full of charm during the day: there are historical attractions, incredible restaurants, and lush green parks.
The truth is that every area of Berlin has its own culture and story. You can choose to be near certain amenities, such as public transport or the office, but wherever you end up in the city you’re set for a wonderful time.
The real estate market and investing in Berlin
Buying an apartment is about securing your future as much as your present. The real estate market in Berlin has been trending upwards for several years now, but is still far from its peak. Thanks to the relatively late reuniting of Berlin, things here have grown more slowly than other major European capitals.
New apartments are being erected all the time which are incredibly well-built and situated in great locations. However, because of the housing market’s slow rise, they are super affordable—and their worth is only increasing. Thanks to the steady wage rises, low unemployment, and high investment in education, the quality of living in Berlin has remained consistently high. There really is no better time to invest in Berlin property than right now!
Frequently Asked Questions
* Is Berlin a good city to live in?
* Berlin is a world-class place to live for multiple reasons. In terms of real estate, the housing market is climbing upwards but still has a long way to go to catch other major European cities. That growth, combined with the cleanliness, quality transport, lovely people, and incredible culture make Berlin a great place to live.
* How to buy an apartment in Berlin?
* Simply find an apartment (or several) that you like the look of, and then reach out to our team. We’ll show you round, give you all the information, and lead the entire process. There are new apartments for sale in Berlin every day, so make sure to check our listings daily.
* How much does it cost to buy an apartment in Berlin?
* We offer attractively-priced apartments across Berlin from EUR 250,000. If you’re looking higher-end, we have expansive properties with 4, 5, or 6 bedrooms—including penthouses.
* What size of apartment can I buy in Berlin?
* We have everything from studios and +2 bedroom apartments for sale, right up to enormous duplexes for big families.